Brian Gavin Resizing
Getting an engagement ring size spot on can be a tricky business.
In an ideal world, the size would be perfect, but it’s very common to need to have the size slightly tweaked to fit the wearer perfectly.
The good news is that Brian Gavin offer their customers a free resize for most rings. If you want to read their full resizing policy, click here. Or we’ll take you through the ins and outs of the Brian Gavin resizing policy below.
If you want to read our in-depth Brian Gavin Review, click here.
Brian Gavin resizing policy
If the ring doesn’t fit, the Brian Gavin resize policy gives you 1 free resize.
The requested resize has to be within their recommended sizing range, which is only 1 size bigger or smaller. If you want a resize that’s greater than this, there’ll be an additional cost.
You’ll have to pay for the shipping and insurance both ways.
There are a few things to note about the Brian Gavin resizing policy:
- Due to the design, eternity rings cannot be resized – this means that if you’re considering an eternity ring, you need to be more certain about the size before clicking the ‘buy’ button. Full eternity rings are rings that have diamonds or a design all the way around. We’ve included an example for you below:
- Sizing beads are not included in the free resizing. These are tiny beads placed in the inside of the band to make a ring that’s a little bit loose, fit snugly, but still allow it to fit over the knuckle if you want to take it off. You can read more about them on Brian Gavin’s resizing advice page here.
Read related article: Brian Gavin’s return policy
How Brian Gavin resizing works
- Call the Brian Gavin customer service team on 1-866-611-4465 or contact them via their website.
- They’ll advise you of the process to follow to get the ring back to them for resizing.
- Package up the ring securely and courier or post it back. Make sure that you insure this incase anything goes awry.
- Resizing will take about 5-7 days, depending on their studio’s workload.
Read related article: Brian Gavin warranty
Why we recommend Brian Gavin:
Brian Gavin is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a top quality diamond, with their super ideal cuts covering round, princess cut, cushion, emerald cut and oval.
Brian Gavin also has some innovative diamond offerings that other jewelers don't, like 'Brian Gavin Blue' which offers diamonds with high fluorescence grades but which aren't negatively affected by this.
- Top quality diamond cuts across a range of shapes
- High quality lab diamonds - not just positioning them as a 'cheap' option
- Excellent custom design service, for both engagement rings and other jewelry
How to get the ring size right the first time
There are many ways to ensure that you get the ring size correct the first time so you won’t have to get it resized.
Read related article: Brian Gavin shipping
Brian Gavin also suggest sizing her/your finger locally, making sure you size it with the correct width of the band in mind. If it’s a surprise, they suggest working with her friends and family to find out the size.
Here are some ideas to measure her finger without giving up the game.
- Ask one of her friends to ask your partner and report back, maybe even taking her on a fun ring shopping trip so she can get her finger professionally sized
- Borrow one of her rings that she won’t notice is missing, make sure it’s for the correct finger!
- Trace the inside and outside of one of her rings – Brian Gavin jewelry specialists can figure it out from your sketch
- Get an engaged friend to make her try on her ring, this might give you an approximate gauge of her ring size and you might also get some tips on the style she likes if you ask what she thought of the friend’s ring
- Compare your hand to hers, see if there’s any fingers that are a similar size eg. Her ring finger might be similar to your pinky, this isn’t a completely accurate method, but better than not having an idea at all.
Ring sizing can be tricky to get right, but in case you don’t, the Brian Gavin resize policy makes it easy to amend your ring.